BA Building (Building Surveying)
Grad Dip Urban & Regional Planning
Grad Cert (Performance Based Building and Fire Codes)
Cert IV in Access Consulting (Building Surveying)
Troy Olds started his Building Surveying career in 1996, and has been with Tecon Australia since 2008.
Troy is multi-skilled across a wide range of components of the development industry, including Building Surveying, Fire Engineering and Urban and Regional Planning. To expand his skills Troy has obtained qualifications in disability access provisions. Troy is in his element working on complex projects that demand the application of his many skills, and he manages a wide range of tasks throughout all the states Tecon is active in.
Troy’s professional experience equips him with the skills needed to take on projects encompassing every facet of building and development, from modest domestic additions to landmark multi-storey apartments and commercial complexes.
As part of his commitment to the profession of Building Surveying, Troy is a Director of the Australian Institution of Building Surveyors having been the State President for 6 years only recently stepping down from the role. Troy has been involved with the SA Chapter board since 2003, occupying key roles such as Secretary, Vice President as well State Conference Convenor. In 2016, Troy was recognised for his commitment to the profession receiving the AIBS Service to Building Surveying Award. In 2018 Troy was award Fellow of the AIBS.
Significant projects …a solid track record.
OFFICE BUILDINGS AND APARTMENTS
- Eighteen storey apartment building on Morphett Street, Adelaide (Vision on Morphett)
- Sixteen storey IBIS hotel, Grenfell Street, Adelaide
- Tindall Gask Bentley Head Office, an 11 storey office building on Light Square, Adelaide
- Living Choices Apartments, 103A Fisher Street, Fullarton (3 x 6 Storey Mixed use buildings – 180 Apartments, commercial and community facilities)
- Two, 7 storey apartment buildings, Nightcliff, Darwin, Northern Territory.
- Six storey Apartment building, St Clair.
- Six storey Apartment building, Bowden.
- Three storey Lexus Building on Adelaide’s West Terrace
- Three storey mixed use complex at Tranmere
- Sarah Constructions Head Office, Eastwood
- Consolidated Power Properties Head Office, Halifax Street, Adelaide
- Three storey office on Parap Road, Parap
- Ecohousing Apartments on Adelaide’s Whitmore Square
STATE CROWN PROJECTS
- Mt Gambier Prison extension
- Port Augusta Prison extension
- Adelaide High School Extension
AGED CARE FACILITIES/RETIREMENT VILLAGES
- St Basil’s Residential Care Facilities
- Resthaven – Mount Gambier (two stages)
- Nursing Home – Yuhl
- Para Vista Retirement Village – Para Vista
- Naracoorte Retirement Village
Playford Drive Naracooorte
- Strathalbyn Retirement Village – Strathalbyn
- Masonic Homes – Diagonal Road Somerton
- Leabrook Retirement Village
RETAIL AND INDUSTRIAL
- Building Surveying Consultant City Cross, Adelaide
- Building Surveying Consultant Parc Arcade Adelaide
- Seaford Bunning’s, South Australia
- Noarlunga Bunning’s, South Australia
HEALTH CARE BUILDINGS
- Mount Gambier & District Hospital Redevelopment
- GP Plus, Gilles Crescent Hillcrest
- Calvary Hospital redevelopment
- Port Road Medical Centre
- GP Plus, Port Pirie